Antracol® is a broad spectrum contact fungicide with protective action. The active substance of Antracol® belongs to the group of dithiocarbamate fungicides. It affects several sites in the metabolism of fungal cells. Antracol® is registered to more than 80 countries with the next main uses:
• Late blight of potato (Phytophthora infestans)
• Early blight of potato and tomato (Alternaria solani)
• Downy mildew in grapevine (Plasmopara viticola)
• Apple scab (Venturia inaequalis) and
• Black Sigatoka in banana (Mycosphaerella fijiensis).
Antracol® is an important source zinc supply in case of deficiency for many crops and exhibits excellent phyto-compatibility for various crops, also in early development stages.
Antracol® is indispensable in anti-resistance strategies due to its special mode of action. Because it affects several sites in the metabolism of fungal cells, there is little danger of resistance developing – resistance to Antracol has not yet observed. This makes it the ideal partner for alternation with sprays of other fungicides, or for tank-mixtures.
Recommendations and rates of use
|Vegetables: (Tomato, eggplant, cucurbits, carrot, lettuce, onion)||Early & late blight, Ascochyta, onion brown rot, anthracnose|
Downy mildew in cucumber, Lettuce and Onion
|200 g / 100 l water||7 days (except squash 3 days)|
|Vegetables: (Tomato, eggplant, cucurbits, carrot, lettuce, onion)||Bean rust||200–250 g / 100 l water||7 days (except squash 3 days)|
|Potato||Early and Late blight||1.4 – 2.5 kg / ha||14 days|
|Pome and stone fruits||Apple scab||140 – 200 g / 100 l water||35 days|
|Pome and stone fruits||Pear scab||200 g / 100 l water||35 days|
|Pome and stone fruits||Leaf rust||200 g / 100 l water||35 days|
(Pseudoperonospora cubensis, Plasmopara viticola)
||200 – 300 g / 100 l water||3 days|
|Tobacco||Blue mould (downy mildew)||100 – 200 g / 100 l water||-|
- Consult the local label/distributor
- How to apply:
- foliar application For Vegetables use 600-800 lit /ha
For fruit tree use 800 – 1000 lit /ha
- Antracol® 70 WP is a wettable powder containing 70 % ai /kg Propineb
- Mode of action:
- Propineb is a dithiocarbamate fungicide with the multisite activity characteristic of the group. Conidia or germinating conidia are killed by contact with propineb.
- WHO classification:
- Product: slightly hazardous