Gaucho is a seed treatment product with excellent systemic properties acting through the roots, ensuring protection of the plant against pests from the time of sowing well into the growing period. It has a broad spectrum of activity, particularly against sucking pests. In the soil, the active ingredient is released from the seed and forms a treatment-halo around the seed. Gaucho is absorbed very efficiently by the germinating plant and is transported in the sap-flow to the stem and leaves. Gaucho fits very well in IPM-systems and the grower is minimally exposed.
- Consult the local label/distributor
- How to apply:
- Seed treatment before plantation
Seeds should be dry and free of soil deposits and clean at treatment.
- Gaucho® WS 70 is a water dispersible containing 700 g a.i/kg imidacloprid
- Mode of action:
- Imidacloprid acts as acute contact and stomach poison. Extremely high binding affinity with insect nicotinergic acetylcholine-receptors leading to insect’s death usually within 24 - 48 hours.
- May Trade
- WHO classification:
- Product: slightly hazardous